Our Crisis Care services consist of our PERT and START programs.
Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT) services consist of teams made up of licensed mental health professionals paired with a specially trained law enforcement officer or deputy. Together as a team, they respond on-scene to situations involving individuals experiencing a mental health crisis who have come to the attention of 911 or law enforcement.
The goal is to provide compassionate, high quality crisis response services to achieve the most appropriate resolution and provide a “warm hand off” to the most appropriate and least restrictive level of care.
The program is funded by the County of San Diego, HHSA, Behavioral Health Services.
Our Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) crisis residential programs provide a voluntary, short-term alternative to psychiatric hospitalization.
Services are tailored to each individual and include behavioral health and psychiatric evaluations, medication management, individual, milieu, and group therapy, life skills education groups, integrated substance use treatment, recreational and social activities, and discharge planning for ongoing services. The average length of stay is nine days.
The programs are funded by the County of San Diego, HHSA, Behavioral Health Services.
- 18 years of age or older
- In psychiatric crisis of sufficient severity to require inpatient services
- A mental health condition as the primary focus of treatment. May also have a co-occurring substance use condition that is not primary
- Any medical conditions must be stable and safely managed at an outpatient level
- Voluntarily agree to services and program guidelines
- Medi-Cal, Medi-Cal eligible or uninsured accepted. No one is denied services based on inability to pay
How To Refer
Contact any of the START programs and ask for the Admission Coordinator.
Career Opportunities Within Our Crisis Care Programs
CRF is a friendly, rewarding, and dynamic place to work. We believe in teamwork and collaboration throughout our organization. We are committed to our staff and their ability to learn and grow in their profession while serving others in our community.