Mobile Assertive Community Treatment
Using multi-disciplinary teams, our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) programs utilize the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) evidence-based ACT model to provide intensive mobile specialty behavioral health and supportive housing services. Our ACT services are evaluated annually by an external consultant to ensure high fidelity services.
The ACT programs serve individuals experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness who are diagnosed with serious mental illness and co-occurring conditions. More than 75% of the services are delivered in the community.
Services include specialty behavioral health and psychosocial rehabilitation services, substance use treatment, nursing, psychiatry, and medication management. Individuals also receive housing and housing assistance, assistance with benefits and entitlements, education and employment services, care coordination, and assistance with activities of daily living.
The programs are funded by the County of San Diego, HHSA, Behavioral Health Services.
- Adults ages 18-59 (Ages 60 and older for Senior IMPACT).
- Must reside in the corresponding catchment area.
- Have a serious mental illness with functional impairments such as inability to maintain housing, employment, or education. Individuals with co-occurring substance use conditions in addition to a primary serious mental illness are welcome.
- Experience homelessness or at-risk of homelessness.
- Deemed to require ACT level services based on the Level of Care Utilization Scale (LOCUS).
- Voluntary participation or have a conservator willing to sign consent for services.
- Medi-Cal, Medi-Cal eligible or uninsured accepted. No one is denied services based on inability to pay.
How To Refer
Referrals can be submitted on Optum’s Single Point of Access-ACT & Strength Based Case Management website. Single Point of Access-ACT & Strength Based Case Management.
If a referring party does not have access to a computer, call 1-800-842-2652 to complete the referral.
Mobile Assertive Community Treatment Programs
Career Opportunities Within Our Mobile Assertive Community Treatment Programs
CRF is a friendly, rewarding, and dynamic place to work. We believe in teamwork and collaboration throughout our organization. We are committed to our staff and their ability to learn and grow in their profession while serving others in our community.